Reserving a Book for Review
Members of ACCU can contribute to ACCU by reviewing books; the reviews are published in C Vu, and also appear on the ACCU web site; thus all ACCU members and the wider public can benefit from your effort.
ACCU has connections with some publishers who offer up books (hard-copy or electronic) for review. These are made available to ACCU members via the accu-members email mailing list. Reviews editor Ian Bruntlett (email@example.com) arranges for books to be sent directly to reviewers.
Here are a few guidelines for prospective reviewers:
- Reading and reviewing a title can require a significant investment of time and effort. Please make sure that you are prepared for that and have sufficient time available to complete the review in a reasonable amount of time.
- Monitor Ian's posts on accu-members for available books to review.
- If you see a book you would like to review, send a request to Ian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are selected to review that book, you will receive an email confirming you have secured the book, and requesting your mailing information for hard-copy books.
- When shipping books internationally, couriers need an address, international phone number, and email address.
- Ian will arrange for the publisher to send the title to you in the format you prefer.
- You write the review! Look at recent reviews on the web site for examples.
- Send the completed review to Ian.
- If you change your mind, or your review is taking longer than expected, please email Ian accordingly.
- If you want some help and support with writing a review, please email Ian.
- Ian has set out to review a title, only to find that it requires some preparatory reading before he felt prepared to perform the review. Please email Ian if this happens to you.
The review will be edited for inclusion in the next issue of C Vu. When published, the review will be added to the reviews database.Page last changed 3 June 2022.